Entry #0

 Hello everyone! 

    Today's discussion topic is going to be on how celebrities greatly impact and influence the clothing styles we choose and nail art designs we tend to go for. There are many students now who are much more interested in fashion design than there used to be back in the days. According to College Factual, during the academic years of 2020-2021, 'Arizona State University handed out 64 bachelor's degree in fashion design', which was 42% more than the previous year when less were handed out. I wonder when it was that fashion began to pique peoples interest? Nail art designs are also on the rise, and many female celebrities tend to have an impact on our decisions too. Ella Navarro mentions a few celebrities who are known for showing off their nails and mentions how 'these celebrities often influence their fans to try acrylics too.' 

    I came across a blog from gq.com discussing the biggest fits on 2023. I noticed many of the outfits worn by celebrities are outfits worn from other teens today, typically people of ages 16+. The blog demonstrated many different pictures, with such little captions, which was something I disliked about the blog. The authors purpose was just to show the fits that had a great impact on 2023. Not many words were said in the blog, no brands were mentioned either. But, I guess you can say the images say enough. A celebrity that caught my attention was Tyler the Creator: 

I've seen many teens from today's generation wear similar outfits to Tyler the Creator. It is not a bad choice of clothing, and it seems comfortable too.

    Another blog I came across was from vogue.co.uk and it was on 45 Valentine’s Nail Inspirations. This blog is structured better than the gq one considering there were far more words in this one than there was in the other one. I also really liked that they gave credit to every nail artist they used the pictures from. The blog was very organized, they gave titles to each nail picture. Each picture was also a nail design done on a celebrity, each celebrity was highlighted in the captions. The authors purpose of this blog was to help the readers decide on which Valentine’s day themed nails they should get. One celebrity who tends to be the nail inspiration for many people is Hailey Bieber. Hailey is a celebrity who keeps up with the latest nail design trends.
Although the nails are just one solid color, I noticed many women rocking this brown shade during the Fall. Such a simple and cute way to get into the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays.

As we evolve things change, stye and nail art changes for the better and for worse. The current trending celebrities really influence the choices we make, even in really small decisions. It is a very cool thing to be able to experience all of the current trends, and seeing the way people react to them. I could definitely say that many celebrities inspire my fashion sense, along with helping me choose what nails I want to get next. 

Don't fall behind and make sure to keep up with the trends, you never know when a celebrity might help you choose what to wear for the day, or what nails to get done!




Sources: 







Comments

  1. I have also noticed that many celebrities set up trends that many teenagers and younger adults join in. Thought nowadays it’s a lot more broader which is lot better then before. You can also tell by people’s outfits what artist they like and listen to especially people who like rock or pop songs as it shows in the clothing.
    -Fernanda Perez

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Entry #10 Music

Blog Entry #7 #Hashtag