Entry #1 Reading

 Hello everyone! My name is Karina. As bland as it may sound to others, my hobby is reading books. I have always been interested in reading books but I didn't officially start reading until I was a junior in high school. The first book I ever became interested in reading was Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, unfortunately I never got to finish it but I loved every page that I read. The first book I ever actually finished was It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover. I used to think that it was impossible to cry over a book, and that no such thing as words could make me emotional, however, I was wrong. I cried for days after reading It Ends with Us, it has such a great impact on me and I would do anything to read it again for the first time. Although I don't have as much free time now as I used to before, reading is still something I do whenever I get the chance. 

                 

Today I will be talking about the benefits that come from reading. Reading can help reduce stress, expand your vocabulary, it improves your memory, improves your communication skills, etc. After reading an article I came across, I found out that reading can even boost your brainpower. Abigail Wise stated this, "Just like going for a job exercises your cardiovascular system, reading regularly improves memory function by giving your brain a good workout" (Wise). After reading a chapter of a book, i've noticed that my brain works faster, and that often helps me finish any homework I have. Another article I came across also mentioned that reading teaches empathy. Books allow us to experience realities outside of our lives. Reading has helped me acknowledge the beauty that can come from such a small thing like a book. It has helped me gain knowledge in things that I didn't know I needed a lesson on.

Although it may seem boring, there are many great benefits that come from reading which makes books worth the read. It is thanks to reading that I have an escape of reality when things in my real life get too overwhelming. As someone who found reading "dumb" in the beginning, I encourage you to give it a try, you never know how much it could change you. That's it for today, remember, reading IS beneficial! Thank you.

Resources:

Comments

  1. Hi Karina, it’s Emely. I really enjoyed reading your blog! I would also have to say one of my favorite books is it end with us by Colleen hover. In fact it was one of my first purchases of colleen hover books. Although, after reading the book I discovered that I was really interested in the romance genre. So I then started reading some of her other books like ugly love and it starts with us. Overall, I agree that reading has many benefits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karina. i really enjoyed to hear about your experience with reading. I have never gotten into books but you make me wish I would have. Especially to see that it improves your memory. Super interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karina, I loved reading your blog! I have never been a huge reader but I thoroughly enjoy it when I get around to it. You’ve inspired me to pick up another book! It caught my attention when you mentioned wishing you could read It ends With Us for the first time again. It must be a really impactful book, I am going to look it up! I also really liked how you mentioned the benefits of reading. Great blog entry, it was very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Karina, I enjoyed reading about your experience when it comes to reading. I've always loved to read, but I haven't read a book in a while. Your blog actually reminded me of how good reading is for you. I haven't read any books by Colleen Hoover, but I do plan to in the future.
    -Abigail Rangel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Karina, love Colleen Hoover’s books as well! I totally agree with you on how reading can release stress and it is really beneficial. -Taty Munoz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karina, I agree with you, reading can definitely be a good workout for the brain. Reading actually helps me relax depending on the type of book that I’m reading, but books about poems are definitely the best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #0

Blog Entry #10 Music

Blog Entry #7 #Hashtag