Entry #2 The future with AI
Artificial intelligence has been the main topic of discussion for quite sometime now. Whether people talk about the good or bad outcomes of artificial intelligence, it is a topic we should know a lot about. The future is changing more and more everyday, in many good ways. However, the future of artificial intelligence brings many concerns to us humans as well. Yet we should consider all of the good results AI has brought. As the years go by, artificial intelligence is only going to continue to grow and develop, so as humans it's something we should begin accepting and adapting to. By the looks of it, there is a high chance we won't ever go back to ways of living in the past, with all of the AI advancements.
The industries that artificial intelligence have been changing are transportation, manufacturing, healthcare, education, media, and customer service. Although many people consider them unsafe, self driving cars have become more popular, and many people have began relying on them more often. Artificial intelligence has also helped recognize diseases more quickly and accurately. ChatGPT is an AI writing tool many students have been relying on, even though many professors don't allow it. However, artificial intelligence has also helped detect plagiarism in education, Mike Thomas states, "AI's use of machine learning, natural language processing and facial recognition help digitize textbooks, detect plagiarism and gauge the emotions of students to help determine who's struggling or bored" (Thomas). AI has even allowed customer service virtual assistance. Those are only a few of the many ways artificial intelligence has impacted today's society.
- Image of self driving car "WAYMO": https://www.wired.com/story/self-driving-cars-are-being-put-on-a-data-diet/

Hi Karina, I read your post and I found it interesting and informational and I agree with the introduction of AI it is something that we have to adapt to and accept and thankfully as you said now that we've detected it early we can now work on setting safeguards against it and I think that there will be a balance to using AI and not using it because I feel that there are people who will use it fully and then there are a lot of people who like the use of old methods but also using AI when necessary.
ReplyDeleteHi! It is really interesting what you said about how we might not ever go back to the ways that we lived in the past. I never really thought about this. I also liked that you mentioned self driving cars (WAYMOS) because I have seen those. Good job!
ReplyDeleteHi Karina, its Emely! I found your blog post very interesting and informative. I also agree that AI has become very huge throughout the years, and it can potentially change our lives. I also think since AI is growing rapidly humans are going to have to adjust to the changes because this might be our future. Overall, thanks for sharing this information!
ReplyDeleteThere is good reason to be cautious and skeptical when it comes to AI, but I agree that it is something that is changing things and needs to be adapted to. The potential benefits seem to outweigh the risks with this technology, so I think that being optimistic is sensible.
ReplyDeleteI'm not 100% with AI as it could hinder our progression as humans but from the way to communicate and interact with each other to the way we work and make decisions, AI has definitely changed how we live.
ReplyDeleteI like all of the feature of ai and what it provides but the idea of it being in control is scary to a certain extent. it is already shaped how we as people interact with folks and communicate
ReplyDelete