Blog #8 Bad Customer Service

Have you ever been to a retail store, or restaurant where you were treated poorly by the employee? For this free choice blog entry I am going to be talking about bad customer service. Bad customer service has been a topic that has been on my mind lately because I feel like I have experienced many bad customer service experiences in the span of a few months. There are a variety of things that make an employee a bad employee. Whether that is that they are rude to customers, they aren't attentive with the customer's needs, or they just don't do their job properly. As a retail store employee I try my best to satisfy my customers the best I can, but I have noticed that at other places the employees don't do the same for me. It makes me wonder why those people even have a job in the first place. Now, I don't mean to sound like i'm better than everyone else, but it can be very frustrating when employees treat you in a rude manner. 

Things like improper training, poor communication, and insufficient resources can lead to bad customer service. Yet, many times employee's are just rude to be rude. Many work forces should start to overlook the behavior of the employees they hire because their behavior affects the company's reputation. An article I came across title The Real Cost of Poor Customer Service states, "68% of consumers say they'll pay for products and services from a company that offers good customer service experiences" (Linkedin). Being a good employee can do such things as drive customers back into the business. Good customer service is crucial for a business to be become as successful as possible, and being a good employee should be fairly simple. 

I understand that many times people are just having a bad day, but if the cause to those problems aren't the customers fault why should they pay the price? As an employee, acting in a negative way towards the customer can cause that negativity to spread to the customer. Like mentioned earlier, I myself am an employee so I definitely do believe that there are times where it's okay to be rude to a customer back. However, that is only if the customer gives you attitude, or says something offensive. Other than that, there should be a change made to these bad behaviors. Future business are depending on the generations of today to become a successful business, and it is also important to remember that it costs a person nothing to be nice. 


Source: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/real-cost-poor-customer-service-surveypal#:~:text=The%20cost%20of%20bad%20customer,offers%20good%20customer%20service%20experiences.


Comments

  1. I think customer service is definitely a big part of businesses. People should be nice just because. I can say that if people just try a little harder, this issue, for sure, can be a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Karina, I can differently agree that customer service is very important! As someone who’s worked in customer service, I can say I had my bad days. However this wasn’t a reason to take out on customers. I believe if people can’t control their emotions they shouldn’t work in customer service!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karina, It is crazy that you mention this because i have also been experiencing bad customer service recently. And not to sound like a prick or anything, but why is it mainly from people my age. In my opinion, as young people, we should have a bond and at least treat each other with respect. But sadly, this does not happen all of the time :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Customer service is important, but as someone who works it I understand it can be difficult to keep up with it. Working hard and dealing with stuck up people who think they deserve the world is a tiring process. It sucks that employees are rude, but so are the customers more often than not. Hopefully one day both sides will learn to be better people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen so many times where people have bad customer service and they should work on it because it is so important to speak to your customers with the utmost respect to receive it back from them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karina! Recently, I had a bad experience with an employee at a store where she seemed to be rude to me when I was simply being nice throughout the whole interaction. This incident made me realise how much great customer service means to businesses. If people have bad experiences with employees they will most of the time not want to shop there again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #0

Blog Entry #10 Music

Blog Entry #7 #Hashtag