Blog Entry #4 Implementing Age Restrictions for Entry Into Sephora Stores

 It has come to my attention that many people are trying to start petitions to implement age restrictions for entry into Sephora stores. I have been viewing many tiktoks about this argument but I never really paid much attention to it until I realized how right their reasonings were. Last weekend while I was in Sephora, a group of kids came into the small, almost like an entire classroom worth of kids, and the atmosphere changed very quickly. The teenagers began running around the store, they were very loud, and all of the employee's along with the customers were just starring at them. I looked around to see where their supervisors could possibly be, but there was no one in sight. That was when it hit me, maybe kids under the age of 15 shouldn't be allowed into Sephoras. 

A petition I read online argued that many kids have been destroying makeup products at Sephora's. Which doesn't only make the company lose money, but the employees get extra work by having to clean the mess these kids made. I also don't think many kids should feel the need to be buying any products from makeup stores at such a young age, but obviously social media plays a huge role in that problem. I am not one to choose sides in situations like these, but I do feel that the angered people have a point. There are many times where I walk into Sephora and I see a lot of teenage girls buying makeup products which makes me realize how much time has changed. 

I definitely do think that Sephora's should implement age restrictions for entry, because many unsupervised teens just cause harm to the stores. I would suggest maybe making the stores 14/15+ just because I know that many people going into high school start picking interest in makeup, and that's fine. This is definitely a very arguable topic. What do you think about this idea? Are you neutral, or do you have strong opinions towards one side?


Source: https://www.change.org/p/implement-age-restrictions-for-entry-into-sephora-stores

Comments

  1. Hello Karina, I really enjoyed reading your post! I strongly agree with your point on implementing age restrictions in Sephora. I believe children 13 and under shouldn’t be allowed to enter these store and buy all these types of skincare and makeup. It’s not only because of their age but the ingredients all these skincare’s products contain. They don’t even know that these products are only damaging their skin barrier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Karina, I'm Zahraa I strongly agree with your statement I think there's a certain age limit that needs to be set for such stores. It is very normalized these days for kids to put on makeup and skincare but I think it's taking away from their childhood and is bad for their skin as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the answer isn’t a total ban but more like a “shop with an adult if you’re under 15” rule. It’s a bit like having a lifeguard at the pool—there to keep things chill so everyone can enjoy their swim. Your idea of a 14/15+ age limit is a solid compromise. It’s like saying, “Hey, we know you’re into this makeup thing, but let’s keep it classy, okay.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also saw many people talk about sephora kids with buying drunk elephant products and makeup and I do think parents should not allow their kids to buy such products when its unneeded. I know makeup is many kids enjoy playing with but theres makeup for kids that kids should use and makeup for adults that adults should use. It can cause bad effects on the skin especially if used constantly. I also heard about the attitudes of kids when going to buy and I honestly believe that if they have a bad attitude and have no manners then they should be kicked out for not having any respect for others or if they’re alone without parents even if they come with money. Maybe not 15 and down but 13 or 14 and down should not be left alone to buy things from sephora. Honestly more parents should do something about this to do something about it because companies and staffs can do so little.
    -Fernanda P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think that this is a problem that can be legislated away. These kids are already doing things that are illegal, like destroying products, so having it be just a bit more illegal probably would not be much of a deterrent. Really, it seems like the solution for this is for them to have better parents, but I do not know how that could be accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zion Webb
    I totally support the concept of having age limits for Sephora outlets, as it balances product protection and staff workload, while allowing makeup enthusiasts to shop while preventing disturbances from children, and upholds order and courtesy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #0

Blog Entry #10 Music

Blog Entry #7 #Hashtag