Blog Entry #5 Local Story Respond
After graduating last year, I realized that a lot less students were planning on continuing school after high school than I thought. Not many people I knew were motivated on going to university/college because of the expenses along with other reasons. After reading the Doug Ducey article I realized that his Achieve60AZ attainment is a great idea. As a college student there is nothing I want more than for other people around my age group to be in school, studying something they like as well. As mentioned in the article, those with college/university degrees get paid more, which would lessen our poverty. It is very important for the future leaders of our society to become successful, and education can be a very crucial step to becoming successful. I also really liked that Ducey was even considerate of the low-income families, because many times, money is what stops teens from going to college/university.
Source: https://educationforwardarizona.org/progress/indicators/attainment/achieve-60-alliance-members/The second article mentions the median income statements of counties in Arizona which was pretty interesting to learn about. Viewing the article's estimates made me pretty sad after I realized that many Arizonans with less than a high school degree get paid so little. Of course, this is to no surprise but it makes me sad because I remembered that almost all of my family members have less than a high school diploma which means they don't get paid much. This can be a struggle because those families have bills to pay, and family members to feed, and getting paid so little can often cause so much stress and worries. That is why I really hope that many students in the future decide to attend a college/university so that they don't have to face those struggles.
It is important for a lot of us students to strive for a better future and a higher paid job so that we can be successful. As someone with parents who tried very hard to get me to where I am right now, there is nothing I want more than to make them proud. I hope that many other students find their way to those articles so that can be convinced to continue school after high school. There are many benefits that come from this, and although the process can be so stressful, it'll all be worth it in the end.
Zion Webb
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with you. Doug Ducey's Achieve60AZ initiative is a great idea to encourage students to continue their education after high school. It is crucial for society's future, providing access to higher education and better paying jobs. Spreading awareness about higher education's impact on individuals and communities is essential for a brighter future.