Blog Entry #6 The (Mental) Health Benefits of Traveling

 After Covid-19 happened, many people stopped traveling in order to remain a good health and reduce the chances of getting sick. It's been a few years now since the pandemic struck and it is safe to stay that things have began going back to normal. One of those main things being traveling. Many people have started traveling again although some ticket prices have increased. I consider traveling important because depending on where you go, you can experience different cultures, see new faces, and see different trends. But did you know that there are many mental health benefits that come from traveling? Traveling can do such things as lift your mood, reduce job burnouts, and lower the risk of depression. 

I would say that one of the funnest things about traveling is planning. It is said that the anticipation people get from traveling can help lift their mood. Knowing that you have something to look forward to, whether thats a few weeks or months from now can boost your happiness (Lee Health). Another mental health benefit that comes from traveling is it reduces job burnouts. At times work can get very repetitive, and with that you start to lose motivation to come in to work. Traveling can help you get a small escape from the stress work may cause you. Traveling can also help lower the risk of depression. This goes back to the idea that traveling makes us happy. 

At times, life can get too overwhelming so it is important to have something to look forward to. I have found it easier for me to stay motivated when I have a trip planned ahead of me. Those trips don't always have to be long, even small trips can be very beneficial. Even thinking about planning a trip in the near future always manages to lift my mood up like nothing. It is always nice to get a change of scenery, especially when you begin to feel like everyday is the same. Although many people might disagree with this statement, I think that traveling is very beneficial. Do you consider traveling worth it or a waste of money?

Source: https://www.leehealth.org/health-and-wellness/healthy-news-blog/mental-health/the-mental-health-benefits-of-traveling



Comments

  1. Hello Karina, I really enjoyed reading your post. I would agree with your point that travelling is a good way to reduce burnout and have an overall mental break. I myself enjoy travelling and I could definitely see a difference in my mood and my over all well-being with I travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your blog! It's true that planning a trip and having something to loo forward to can boost our mood and help us stay motivated. And exploring new places and experiencing different cultures can be such a refreshing change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, its Zahraa I strongly agree with you I think it's such a refreshing thing to do it boosts your mood and lessons your worries and is very beneficial for your mental health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when I was younger and before covid, my mom and I would constantly travel every summer. We would have a staycation or just drive over to California just to see the beach we have seen over 20 times. That feeling you got when you new you made it to the destination after a long plane ride or car ride was just great. Learning that traveling is very beneficial for your mental health is wonderful to hear because now I want to go traveling again haha. Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zion Webb

    I totally agree with your point, about how traveling can positively impact well being. I firmly believe that embarking on journeys is truly valuable and far from being a squander of money. It brings happiness, thrill and a sense of renewal to ones spirit. Moreover the memories and lessons acquired through travel hold value. Therefore, in my view putting resources into travel is consistently a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never traveled much and you definitely encouraged me to plan trips more often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karina ! I totally agree with your point because planning trips always helps me have something to look forward to. There are so many benefits to traveling and I hope to do it more often!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #0

Blog Entry #10 Music

Blog Entry #7 #Hashtag