Blog Entry #10 Music
Hello everyone! For this last blog I wanted to talk about the different ways music can help a person. As a student near their twenties I have noticed that music has helped me in so many different ways. People listen to music nearly every day, whether that is while driving, doing chores, or even studying. One main thing that music helps people with is their mental health. Music can be very therapeutic, it can help calm us down or even feel a sense of connection. Music can be very powerful in such beautiful ways, it helps bring us humans closer together.
A very fun way to get your chores done is by playing music in the background and singing and dancing along to it. There have been many times where I noticed I get motivated to complete my chores only because I have music playing in the background. I've also noticed that music has helped me keep a good attitude while doing chores, because they can be pretty annoying sometimes. Even while studying, we tend to play music because it helps us stay focused. Of course, that only depends on the kind of music you are listening to. I usually stick to classical music because it's peaceful, and it helps me stay concentrated. Most of all, I feel like music can really help us with our mental health. Many songs can be very relatable, and it helps us feel better knowing we aren't the only ones dealing with a certain problem. An article I came across titled "Harmony & Healing" mentioned how music is often used in therapy sessions because it helps with stress relief and healing emotional wounds. It's interesting to learn this because I think it is very true, sometimes the main thing that helps me heal the most is music. Through music, we can also form new connections, we can make new friends based off their music taste. It helps bring us closer together knowing we have something common.
Music has impacted us in so many different ways, I can't imagine the world without music. Music has even helped us in ways we didn't know we could be helped. Music has come a long way, it has been around for such a long time. It continues evolving every day, but the thing that stays consistent is the idea that it is very beneficial to us. What are your thoughts on music? Do you think that is has helped you in any way?
Source: https://www.harmonyandhealing.org/how-music-helps-people-heal/?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw8pKxBhD_ARIsAPrG45nP02MX6NgfL5Ayhglb7p0EUy5j01k0lb6ETXZ2HF7ALwscvYgIyGIaAn9NEALw_wcB
The examples you shared, like using upbeat music to power through chores or finding solace in relatable lyrics, really resonate. I relate with how you feel about music, it helps me in a lot of ways. It's amazing how something as simple as listening can help with stress relief and emotional healing.
ReplyDeleteHi Karina, i really enjoyed reading your blog! it caught my attention because I also enjoy music. I like all the examples you gave because i can relate to them. Music can put me in a good mood instantly. Although music can put me in a good mood, it can sometimes do the opposite. For example, I've had to block some artist on Spotify because i can't listen to them without crying. It's good music too but i just can't listen to them!
ReplyDeleteHello Karina, I agree with everything you wrote! My sister and I always say "what would we do without music". I seriously cannot imagine how boring life would be. Usually, I hate doing chores and homework, but if I can listen to music while doing them I'll be perfectly fine.
ReplyDelete-Abigail Rangel
Hey Karina, i really liked your blog post. I think you're right many of us of all ages have some type of music that has helped us out. Whether it was to cope with something, or simply just to feel good and have fun. Personally Ariana Grande and Tate McRae have helped me alot emotionally to get through tough times.
ReplyDeleteHi Karina! Music is one of my favorite ways to escape. It really helps me step out of reality for a minute and admire the different parts of a song. It's really inspiring how moving music can be and how inspiring it can be too. There are so many artists I look up to and appreciate because their music has helped me through some hard times.
ReplyDeleteKarina--Excellent finish to the blog project. You have interesting, relevant topics that are discussed well, and you lay out a blog that is engaging and supported. Thank you for taking your writing seriously and continuously working to create connections with your audience. Great job. I hope you will keep blogging!
ReplyDelete